Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sometimes My Baby Scares Me

Seriously, sometimes my baby scares me.

I'm not talking about the cute and sweet, "My baby scares me how quickly she's growing up and learning things!" or even, "My baby scares me how she's mobile now and can get into stuff."  Although, in all seriousness, she is - and it is scary.

No, when I say my baby scares me sometimes, I mean there are times when I think for a split second that The Exorcist may have been based on a true story.


Exhibit A.

We knew when she started daycare last month that she would probably start learning new tricks from the other babies around her.  We had no idea that the next day, we would get this...





Imagine waking up to this first thing in the morning.  Or better yet, anytime during the day when you're not looking.  She still does this from time to time, and when she does, I sit and wait for either her to speak my name or for her head to spin around.


Exhibit B.

Scott and I recently got a video monitor.  We didn't want to keep waking her up when we opened the door to check on her.

So this monitor (and all video baby monitors today) comes with night vision.  So you can look in on her whenever you want and know exactly what she's up to.

This sounds hunky-dory until you wake up in the middle of the night, and you want to see how your sweet, angelic baby is doing and THIS is what you see on the monitor...
The eyes!  OMG, the eyes!!



I mean, HOLY COW!  Does she know I'm looking at her?  Does she even know what that camera in her room is?  It's not like it even moves or blinks, so why would she be looking at it?! This is what nightmares are made of.


Exhibit C.

Just LOOK at this picture....

Lurking in the shadows of the carseat....


She is baptized, so we've got that going for us.  In the meantime, if one of us unexpectedly dies in a freak "accident," someone please point out this blog post to the authorities.

Of course I know she's a sweet little angel, not the spawn of Satan (she is a Helliott, afterall).  I absolutely love her and answer most of this freakiness with tons of hugs and kisses, because ain't nothin' gonna stop me from kissing those sweet cheeks...not now anyways.

Anyone else have any weird stories?  Is it just me?  Do I need to look into other hobbies?

No comments:

Post a Comment